Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unfamiliar Territory

Many of you know that we have been struggling for some years with having children. As a child, I was never the little girl that dreamed of her wedding and looked for the fairytale; I just wasn’t a girlie girl. I loved to climb trees, swim, camp and get dirty. But the one thing I always wanted was children, for as long as I can remember I knew that would be a part of my life. I’ve learned that it’s not working the way that I anticipated, as happens with many things. I’ve also learned the peace that comes from deciding that adopting children will be part of our life story. Graham and I are so excited to tell everyone that we have decided to adopt a child. We are so anxious to get this process going. We are only in the beginning steps. We have turned in our application and are waiting to schedule our “intake” interview, where we talk with a caseworker and, I’m assuming, get asked all sorts of personal questions to make sure we are fit parents. : ) We’ll keep everyone updated as we pass through each step.

We have decided to go through LDS Family Services. They strongly encourage us to reach out to all family, friends, acquaintances, friends of friends, etc. to find our child. For anyone reading this, please spread the word to all friends and family throughout the United States. If anyone is interested, once we are approved, we would like to put links on friends and families blogs letting all that read know that we would like to adopt and giving them our information. Keep us in your prayers as we embark on this journey. Love to all.

5 comments:

  1. I will gladly put it on my blog. We wish you the best! Let me know of any way I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big step! How exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time. We'll definitely keep you guys in our prayers and help spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! :) Let us know what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! We love you guys so much! We for sure would be happy to post your info on or blog and get the word out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a long and varied list of people so will get the word out as best as I can. I am totally excited to have another grandchild!!!! Love you both~! This is from mom! :)

    ReplyDelete