Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not the only 30 year old...

I realized when I was packing tonight and making my bed before we left for the airport that I am not the only thing in my home that has been around and with me for thirty years. To some of you this will look familiar...to others it might look down right odd. But to me, it is comfort. This is the baby blanket that I was brought home from the hospital in. It is yellow with bunnies on it. There are a couple of stories surrounding the blanket but the one that I like to believe is that my mom made the blanket and then wrapped me up in it and took me home from the hospital 12 hours after having me. It is the longest thing that I have kept and I still tend to take it every where...not without some banter from friends and family. Thirty long years together and many more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment